2017 Pentathlon Swim Meet, an annual must do 1st swim meet of the season is coming up on Dec 09, 2017 at the Markam PanAm Pool and being host by North York Gators.
Please see MeetPackage(914) for for information.
Club contact: Paul Gemmink
Coming on December 3, 2017 an event being held at Ivor Wynne Centre, McMaster University to spark your interest and promote Adult Health and Fitness and master swimming in Ontario. For more information, please refer to MSO SYMPOSIUM AND FUN MEET
Always a great time.
Saturday, November 18, 20178:00 PM
Regent Theatre Oshawa, ON
Intermission will take place after the album has been played, followed by a Best of the Beatles 2nd set.
If you are interested in an evening with the Beatles… well almost, then join us for a rocking great time.
For those interested, we may book a dinner reservation at Avanti’s Trattoria in Oshawa before the show.
Let us know if you are able to attend. Discounted tickets for a group of 10 or greater by talking to Greg Bordash or send a note
Remember that the Pan Am pool is not available on Monday night. As a result, we will be swimming at Dunbarton from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Hope to see you there.
With the summer of 2017 coming to an end, it is time again to “Get into the Swim” with PMS. So whether you have had a great Tri season, open water swims, have otherwise got some swims over the summer, or just looking forward to getting back in the pool, we are looking forwarding to offering you a great program as part of your healthy life style.
We start our season on Monday September 18, 2017 at the Pan Am pool with an open swim. All that is required is for you to bring a signed waiver. To save time, get the waiver, go to https://pickeringmastersplashers.com/membership/ or we will have copies at the pool. If you had a TPASC pass from last year, it should still work. Otherwise just let them know you are from PMS and they will let you in. For directions to TPASC, please check our website. All are welcome, whether you are a returning member or just want to try it out.
This is to be followed by our official season opening informational session and swim at the Pickering Recreational Complex pool on Tuesday September 19, 2017 at 8:15 pm. Signs will posted at the main entrance to the complex with directions to the meeting room. This to be followed by a swim from 9:00 – 10:00 pm in the complex pool.
With regard to pools and scheduling. Unfortunately DIP (Dunbarton High School Indoor Pool) will not be available until Saturday September 23, 2017 due to maintenance and repairs. So while this is being done, we are being allocated room at the complex pool for our swims on Tuesday September 19th and 21st. Should DIP not be available on Saturday September 23rd, you will be notified and we will continue our Tuesday and Thursday’s with no Saturday swims until DIP does become available.
On the coaching front, we are happy to welcome back Rene St.Aubin, Kevin Boehnke, Iain Johnston, and Samantha Catania. All did a great job last season and we will be looking for the same this season.
To proceed to the club registration page, please click https://pickeringmastersplashers.com/membership/
It should be noted that once you signed up, you will receive a confirmation email. Please click on the personalized link to confirm your membership.
Hello Pickering Master Splashers Membership,
Welcome to February. Here are some of things happening in February at PMS.
- February meters Challenge. As posted on Facebook (access from https://pickeringmastersplashers.com/ home page). Let’s start logging your meters. Both on your own and during a PMS practice. The member with the most will be awarded a prize. You can either send your meters to Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or why not post them to the Master Swim Canada Web site. Please see instruction below to get started with MSC.
- Once you are to member’s home page, simply select Million Meter Challenge and add your meters. As can be seen these can broken down or enter total in the mixed column. Note: for our purposes, please enter your meters from workouts and swims in February even though only meters enter after you signup date will count towards MSC awards.
- It should be mentioned that we will make an effort to ensure all workouts will be posted in the member’s area so you can reference these for workouts you attended. To Access members area, simply go to https://pickeringmastersplashers.com/members/ . Please use your email address i.e. used when you registered and password. The default password is “Please see email sent to members with this information”, but this can be changed. If you changed and forgotten you password, you can use the “lost your password”
- In case you need more of a challenge….this Thursday Feb 9th, Iain, will have a 1000m timed swim during practice. This is an option for those that would like to know how fast they can swim 1000m. We will repeat this in a few months to chart progress. You can also chart progress against an age graded performance chart (more to follow on this).
In case you can’t make Thursday’s swim, Rene will also set aside some lanes on Saturday morning (Feb 11th), as will Kevin on Monday night (Feb 13th).You can also enter your time on the MSC under the 1 KM Swim Challenge.
- On the social front
- Thursday night at Knights Corner after the workout
- Saturday Mornings at Kathryn’s Bar & Grill for breakfast after the workout.
Getting Started with Master Swim Canada (MSC) and MSC Challenges
MSC is sponsoring a number of swim challenges for members of which you are one. In addition you can see your profile including your master number as per your registration with MSO (Master Swim Ontario) which is part of you membership with PMS.
In order to get start with MSC, you must first register
Steps to Register:
- Go to https://www.mastersswimmingcanada.ca/WP/en/home/
- Click on Sign in. If you haven’t registered, select
“CLICK TO REGISTER FOR ACCESS TO THE MSC WEBSITE”
- Enter your and email address i.e. the same as you used when you registered with PMS
- Enter password, password hint, and security validation
- You should then receive message “AUTHORIZED WEBSITE ACCESS” indicating your request has been approved with your email
and “CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN TO MSC WEBSITE”
- You will then be directed back to sign in,
- Enter email and password.
- You should now see your Member Page with the 4 current challenges, your swim meet history and Profile.
Note: this login may also be used to access MSO at
As always, any feedback is always appreciated. Any questions / concerns, please let us know.